Introduction to IEEE Women in Engineering
Webinar - Thursday, Azar 6, 1399 (November 26, 2020) - 6 PM IRDT (9:30 AM EST)
- IEEE Region 9 Secretary
- Territory Manager of the Caribbean, Parker Hannifin Corp.
- Mechatronics Engineer, MBA – International Business
- WIE Committee Member at Large (2019-2020)
- Puerto Rico and Caribbean (PR&C) Section Technical Activities Chair
- Region 9 Industry Engagement AdHoc Committee Chair
- Puerto Rico and Caribbean (PR&C) Section Chair (2018 – 2019)
The webinar describes the basic information about WIE, benefits, tools, including the plans for 2021.
The Curse and Blessing of Artificial Intelligence
TechTalk - Saturday, Mehr 19, 1399 (October 10, 2020) - 5:30 PM IRDT (10:00 AM EDT)
- Editor-in-Chief, The Journal of Supercomputing (Springer)
- Editor, Transactions of Computational Science & Computational Intelligence (Springer)
- Fellow & Adviser, Center of Excellence in Terrorism, Resilience Intelligence & Organized Crime Research (CENTRIC)
- Senior Adviser, Araware LLC (multi-national)
The talk touches on benefits and positive impacts of AI as well as its potential problems; more discussion will be provided about the problems. The problems include: weaponizing AI for cyber warfare, negative impact on employment, fake news, deep fake, negative impact on democracies and societies, and others.
Applications of Machine Learning in Speech and Audio Processing
Webinar - Friday, Mordad 3, 1399 (July 24, 2020) - 6 PM IRDT (10:30 AM EDT)
For decades, machine learning techniques have been important components of the solutions to various audio and speech processing problems; their prominence has only grown with the deep learning revolution of past decade. This talk will go over a few problems in speech and audio where machine learning techniques have proven especially useful, and discuss how the field has changed and will continue to change as a result.