Introduction to IEEE Women in Engineering
Webinar - Thursday, Azar 6, 1399 (November 26, 2020) - 6 PM IRDT (9:30 AM EST)پایانیافته
- IEEE Region 9 Secretary
- Territory Manager of the Caribbean, Parker Hannifin Corp.
- Mechatronics Engineer, MBA – International Business
- WIE Committee Member at Large (2019-2020)
- Puerto Rico and Caribbean (PR&C) Section Technical Activities Chair
- Region 9 Industry Engagement AdHoc Committee Chair
- Puerto Rico and Caribbean (PR&C) Section Chair (2018 – 2019)
The webinar describes the basic information about WIE, benefits, tools, including the plans for 2021.
The Curse and Blessing of Artificial Intelligence
TechTalk - Saturday, Mehr 19, 1399 (October 10, 2020) - 5:30 PM IRDT (10:00 AM EDT)پایانیافته
- Editor-in-Chief, The Journal of Supercomputing (Springer)
- Editor, Transactions of Computational Science & Computational Intelligence (Springer)
- Fellow & Adviser, Center of Excellence in Terrorism, Resilience Intelligence & Organized Crime Research (CENTRIC)
- Senior Adviser, Araware LLC (multi-national)
The talk touches on benefits and positive impacts of AI as well as its potential problems; more discussion will be provided about the problems. The problems include: weaponizing AI for cyber warfare, negative impact on employment, fake news, deep fake, negative impact on democracies and societies, and others.
Prof. Hamid R. Arabnia
The University of Georgia, USAhra@uga.edu
Applications of Machine Learning in Speech and Audio Processing
Webinar - Friday, Mordad 3, 1399 (July 24, 2020) - 6 PM IRDT (10:30 AM EDT)پایانیافته
For decades, machine learning techniques have been important components of the solutions to various audio and speech processing problems; their prominence has only grown with the deep learning revolution of past decade. This talk will go over a few problems in speech and audio where machine learning techniques have proven especially useful, and discuss how the field has changed and will continue to change as a result.